[Mulgara-general] Lock error deleting triples from LuceneModel

Edwin Shin eddie at cs.cornell.edu
Tue Nov 27 17:25:18 UTC 2007

Andrae Muys wrote:

> On 27/11/2007, at 3:31 PM, Edwin Shin wrote:
>
>> Andrae Muys wrote:
>>> Also I notice you're using a different version of Lucene.  That
>>> shouldn't be a problem, but could you run the regression tests using
>>> the new lucene version, just to make sure we have a solid baseline to
>>> work from?
>>
>> Just a quick note, the error occurs with both the version of Lucene
>> that ships with Mulgara 1.1.1 and Lucene 2.2.0. I only tried the
>> latter temporarily to see if addressed the locking issues, which
>> unfortunately, it didn't.
>
> Ah, I missed that -  thanks for the clarification.  Anyway as I said,
> unfortunately I don't have time right now to chase this, but I'm happy
> to provide any assistance and advice I can if you want to have a go (I
> think I was probably the last person to edit the lucene code).

I may not have time to look into this for a little while either. I did
try earlier to track down where the lock is being obtained: and now,
mysteriously, testLocalLuceneModel() is passing (I do have another test
with an in-JVM Mulgara that still reproduces the Lucene lock error but
it's a longer, less clear test). The testRemoteLuceneModel() is still
failing with the lock error and it looks to be in the session.delete()
call that the write lock is obtained. Ideas welcome ;)