[Mulgara-general] RMI server not running?

Gok Mop gokmop at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 01:52:06 UTC 2007

I'm attempting to get started with Mulgara, but I find that launching the
server doesn't seem to create an open RMI port.  Regardless of the script or
command I execute (either through the webui viewer or iTQL) I get this error
message:

org.mulgara.query.QueryException: Unable to reconnect to
rmi://localhost/server1

Sure enough, port 1099 isn't open.  I have noticed that the webui is doing
some strange host resolving, and changing the name of the host that I give
it in the model URI, but that's OK because port 1099 should still be
accessible.  The real issue is that the mulgara jar file just never seems to
start listening on port 1099 in the first place, despite saying:

INFO [main] (EmbeddedMulgaraServer.java:737) - RMI Registry started
automatically on port 1099
0 [main] INFO org.mulgara.server.EmbeddedMulgaraServer  - RMI Registry
started automatically on port 1099

Any idea what's going on?  Did I miss a software component?

I'm on ubuntu 2.6.20-16-server #2 SMP running Java(TM) SE Runtime
Environment (build 1.6.0-b105)

Thanks
--
The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by
accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause