[Mulgara-general] Server change

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Sat Dec 15 22:10:37 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

Due to administration issues on the server that currently hosts
Mulgara.org, we are about to move to another server.  The Topaz
project has kindly agreed to provide the space necessary for this.
This also makes sense to me, as Topaz are also about to release their
own code (built over Mulgara) as an Open Source project.

Some of the changeover will not be completely seamless, though we hope
to keep any impact to a minimum.  I'll make announcements as they
happen.

Also, while discussing the move, it was suggested that we change the
bug tracker and wiki from Jira/Confluence to "Trac":
   http://trac.edgewall.org/

Using Trac has a couple of advantages.  First, it is already running
at Topaz, meaning that there is no need for them to maintain several
systems at once, and I'd like to keep administration overhead to a
minimum.  Second, while Atlassian have been kind enough to let us use
their software, it is NOT open source, and we still need to reapply
for a license every year.

It will be a little annoying to move the existing info across to Trac,
but a few of us have volunteered, and we don't think it will take too
long.

So I like this idea, and the people at Topaz like this idea.... how
does everyone else feel about it?

Comments?  Suggestions?  Violent dissent?

Regards,
Paul Gearon