[Mulgara-general] Mulgara as embedded engine

Peter Becker peter at peterbecker.de
Sat Dec 8 03:39:38 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of setting up a new prototype for an
RDF-querying/exploring tool and I would like to use Mulgara for that. I
haven't really read all documentation yet, but a few semingly trivial
questions don't seem that easy to answer:

- how do I set up Mulgara as an embedded engine? Which JARs do I need, how do
I initialize a repository from an RDF file?
- which are all the API options? In particular I'd like to use something as
typesafe at compile-time as possible.

In short what I lack is the equivalent of this:

  http://jena.sourceforge.net/tutorial/RDF_API/index.html

In fact the lack of such documentation was what kept me from using Mulgara a
while ago and while some people managed to talk me into giving it another
shot I still find it hard to get started. If I wouldn't trust these people a
lot I'd probably turn away again since the effort seems to be too big for a
prototype that doesn't need to handle millions of statements (yet).

Sorry if that sounds too much of a whinge -- I don't really want to whinge, I
just want to let you know about these issues since I might not be alone. Too
many good projects get ignored since they fail to provide the basic howtos.
But maybe I'm just blind again, which is quite feasible and I'm happy to get
RTFM for an answer if accompanied with a pointer ;-)

  Peter