[Mulgara-general] The future of Mulgara. What is 'XA2' and how will it benefit you.

Andrae Muys andrae at netymon.com
Mon Nov 27 01:27:11 UTC 2006

Anytime the Mulgara developers have discussed the future of Mulgara,
prominent in any roadmap has been an item known only as 'XA2'.
Anyone following the discussions will have realised that we are very
excited about it, but there has been very little public discussion as
to precisely what it is, or what benefits it would bring to Mulgara's
present and future users.

Now that the transaction architecture has been redesigned and re-
implemented, and the Resolver-SPI is stabilised, the necessary
preconditions for the implementation of XA2 are in place.  I have
therefore prepared a discussion paper on "Version 2 of the Mulgara
Transactional Store Layer", to give XA2 its full name.  It gives a
brief outline of what XA2 is; how it works; and why it is important
to Mulgara.  If you read it you will understand why we are so excited
about it, and why we cannot discuss the future of Mulgara without
also discussing XA2.

http://www.netymon.com/papers/XA2-Discussion-Paper.pdf

As I mentioned last week, I am enjoying a brief period without the
demands of a contract, so I am  preparing another document that
provides a more in depth discussion of the design, and a proposed set
of implementation milestones - some of which are useful in their own
right.

It is my belief that every Mulgara user will see substantial benefit
from XA2.

Andrae Muys

--
Andrae Muys