[Mulgara-general] New transaction code passes 100% of the tests.

Andrae Muys andrae at netymon.com
Thu Nov 23 06:58:48 UTC 2006

I am extremely please to be able to announce that as of revision 138
100% of the regression and unit tests pass within the transaction
rearchitecture branch (branches/xafix-impl).  Not only does this fix
the ACID violation bug (MGR-19), but it also provides for interleaved
access to query results, and for the first time does so without any
isolation violation.  I therefore consider this bug fixed, and the
branch to be in beta-status.  Please hammer this code - do weird and
strange things to it - or even (gasp) review it for correctness.  As
I am in Melbourne during the first week of Dec' for OSDC, I propose
to commit a merge to trunk on the 11th December (modulo any unfixed
transaction bugs uncovered in that time).

I would particularly like to thank Viewpoint USA and Bosatsu LLC for
their support of this effort - without their contribution we would
not have seen this new work done before Feb/Mar next year at the
earliest.  I am incredibly grateful for their help and assistance.

Andrae Muys

P.S.

I am currently 6.6 weeks into my 6-8 week estimate to fix this bug.
I intend to spend a couple of days adding tests and updating the
confluence documentation (hopefully I can include some sequence
diagrams).

It is also probably worth mentioning that in concluding this work, I
will be available to contract on other work - although my desire for
a proper holiday suggests availability from the 2nd January 2007.

--
Andrae Muys
andrae at netymon.com
Principal Mulgara Consultant