[Mulgara-general] Not yet for newbie

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Mon Nov 20 22:02:34 UTC 2006

As David says, you really don't want to put kowari-1.2.0.jar into your lib
directory.  This is the jar for the server!  You want the client jar:
itql-1.2.0.jar.  This contains everything a client needs, and is 2.1MB in
size.

As for using ItqlInterpreterBean, this is reasonably simple.  Look at the
old Kowari docs for some sample code.  The page you want is at "System
Architecture | iTQL Bean":
http://www.kowari.org/oldsite/528.htm

>From memory, the executeQuery() method can throw a QueryException, and the
Answer.next() method can throw a TuplesException.  There may be other
exceptions, but these are the main ones to catch (the example page just
catches all Exception objects indiscriminately).

Paul