[Mulgara-general] Fastest way to upload triples into mulgara?

Andrae Muys andrae at netymon.com
Wed Dec 13 12:16:00 UTC 2006

On 13/12/2006, at 12:59 PM, David Smith wrote:

> Would turning autocommit off save much time?
>
> I had always assumed (I know) that single commands wouldn’t see
> that much benefit.
I'd be surprised if there was any absolute speed-up.  However there
may be an apparent speedup if there is contention for the write-lock
- the setautocommit will block rather than the insert.  So by turning
autocommit off you can guarentee that any time measured doing the
insert is actually doing the insert, and any time spent waiting on
autocommit off is contention overhead.

Andrae

--
Andrae Muys