[Mulgara-dev] Mulgara 2.1.9

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Mon Oct 4 04:48:29 UTC 2010

Yes, I can see what's happened.

I upgraded to Jetty 7. I was having some problems with HTTP and
thought that this upgrade might help. It had no effect on my problem
(which I eventually solved), and in the meantime I had to fix a few
things that the upgrade broke. All of this was part of the reason for
the long delay with the release.

Anyway, I didn't check what was needed for Jetty 7, but it appears
that it needs Java 1.6. The stack trace you've shown here demonstrates
that Jetty is calling some code that only showed up in Java 1.6. See:
  http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/Collections.html#newSetFromMap(java.util.Map)

Given this, I'm actually surprised that you were able to run the Jetty
Jar up to this point.

I take it that you're on older hardware and can't make the move to Java 1.6?

Anyway, the solution for you is to go back to Jetty 6. Perhaps I
should move everything back to Jetty 6, but it feels like a backward
move for the project.  The code changes I had to make to work with
Jetty 7 are backward compatible with Jetty 6, so that only changes
would be in the Jars and the ant build files. That's easy enough to
undo, but I'm not sure what I should do so that the project can stay
on Jetty 7 while also supporting the move back to Jetty 6.

Any suggestions here are welcome.

Paul