[Mulgara-dev] REST interface

Gregg Reynolds dev at mobileink.com
Mon Dec 27 23:20:06 UTC 2010

FYI, just found this:  rest-client <http://code.google.com/p/rest-client/>.
 Haven't tried it yet but it looks really promising for testing.

It looks like PUT and DELETE are out for plain HTML; you have to use
javascript's XMLHttpRequest, and even then browser support is spotty,
according to The Internet.  I'm putting together a set of minimal pages
using jQuery for testing that I'll post tomorrow.  Something like
rest-client, only javascript and very basic.  But it looks like browsers may
have to go through SPARQL Update rather than REST for some methods.  Or
tunnel PUT requests in the body entities of POST requests.

See also http://www.mnot.net/javascript/xmlhttprequest/

-Gregg