[Mulgara-dev] sparql web app config

Gregg Reynolds dev at mobileink.com
Sun Dec 12 20:34:59 UTC 2010

After a certain amount of pain I've more-or-less figured out how to use
maven, jetty, and the jetty-maven-plugin, so I've got a hacked-up version of
EmbeddedMulgaraServer the launches mulgara, then calls a hacked up version
of HttpServices, which launches one copy of jetty configured by
~/.mulgara/jetty.xml, which in turn tells jetty to use a webapp called
driver.war, which in principal will run a SparqlServlet that will talk to
the server launched by EmbeddedMulgaraServer.  So there are two maven
projects, "sparql", which drives everything, and "driver", which should be
renamed to indicate that it is a webapp that contains the sparql servlet
component.

It's a ghastly hack, but the main point of the exercise was to figure out
how to configure stuff for maven, jetty and friends using config files.  So
the pom files and Jetty config files might be useful to anybody getting
started with Maven, and might eventually be used to replace
EmbeddedMulgaraServer with a config-file-driven implementation.

See http://bitbucket.org/gar/mulgara-src/src/243ee7f8e6e7/apps/; the readme
is in http://bitbucket.org/gar/mulgara-src/src/243ee7f8e6e7/apps/sparql/.
 Caveat:  there are leftover bits and pieces littered about; go by the
pom.xml files.

-gregg