[Mulgara-dev] Lost phase token

Alex Hall alexhall at revelytix.com
Wed Sep 23 17:22:43 UTC 2009

James Leigh wrote:
> Hi Paul and Alex et al,
>
> I am going to need some more help on this.
>
> The session in the stack trace is wrapped in a try/finally, so I think
> that would be closed properly, but in this case there is only one
> session and thousands of lost phases, so it must not be the session.
>
> The stack track is on an insert operation, which has no Answer, so it
> must not be an Answer object.
>
> What else could be causing this lost phase token?

It could still be an Answer object, if you're doing explicit transaction
management by setting autocommit to false.  In that case the new phase
is created upon the first modify operation, and any subsequent query
operations made before that transaction is committed will reference that
same phase.  If you leave autocommit set to true, as is the default,
then it's correct that Answers are not going to be your culprit.

-Alex