[Mulgara-dev] System Model and Canonical Aliases

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Wed Sep 9 15:02:31 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 7:26 AM, James Leigh <james-nospam at leighnet.ca> wrote:

<snip/>
> Thanks for the input, we would need a solution by the end of the month.
> If this aliases is no longer required could it be removed from the next
> release?

As pointed out by Alex, the concern here is legacy code.

I like the idea of only looking for canonicalization on URLs with the
"rmi" protocol. RMI is becoming less important anyway, so it may
address the issue while protecting legacy systems. However, I've never
tried to use a system URI with the http scheme, so I'll need to check
if anything unexpected is happening there.

If it looks OK, then yes, I should be able to do it in the next couple
of weeks. I've been out of the loop for a bit, but getting back up to
speed this week, so I'll let you know how I'm going.