[Mulgara-dev] Mulgara version 2.1.4

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Fri Oct 9 00:45:11 UTC 2009

Hi Augustina,

Sorry I haven't replied before now. I've been out all day.

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 10:21 AM, Agustina Martinez <amgcia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> I've downloaded the new version of Mulgara to test it. I don't know if you
> remembered the problem I was having with 2.1.3 version when trying to use
> Fedora rebuild Index and getting the following exceptions from Mulgara:

Sorry I never followed up with you about this. I'd hoped that Eddie
had been in touch.

Going on your errors below, I originally thought that perhaps it was
exactly what it claimed to be: a connection failure. But I've seen
errors like this before, and that wasn't the cause, so I'm considering
other causes.

You mentioned that you're rebuilding Fedora's indexes. I don't know
what Fedora does in that case, but I'm wondering if you're trying to
access an older version of the storage files using the more recent
database. We don't have automatic forward porting, of these files, so
you'll get an error there.

Again, not knowing how to do things in Fedora, in Mulgara you'd bring
data forward by backing up the database with the old system, and then
restoring it into the new system. The commands for this are:

  backup <rmi://localhost/server1> to <file:/tmp/mydata.gz>
  restore <rmi://localhost/server1> from <file:/tmp/mydata.gz>

Keep on me about this, and I'll track down the people who ought to be
able to help.

Regards,
Paul Gearon