[Mulgara-dev] Mulgara version 2.1.4

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Thu Oct 8 00:52:46 UTC 2009

I am pleased to announce Mulgara version 2.1.4.  Mulgara can be downloaded from:
 http://mulgara.org/download.html

This version now allows users to configure Mulgara to load up any
XPathFunctionResolver class and use the functions it provides within
SPARQL queries. By default, Mulgara is now including the EXSLT
functions, along with several custom functions.

Several significant bugfixes have also been included:
- XML and JSON results are now correctly encoded with UTF-8.
- Graph URIs are no longer canonicalized if they are not in the RMI scheme.
- Improved query planning for some queries. Mulgara's queries are
still DISTINCT only, so the speed improvements associate with this
change will not appear until 2.1.5.
- Fixed handling of graphs accessed through HTTPS, particularly on Mac.

For the full list of updates, please see the release notes and
documentation for details.
 Release notes: http://mulgara.org/release.html#v2.1.4
 Documentation: http://mulgara.org/trac/wiki/Docs

The bug fixes in this release mostly occurred due to your requests.
Thanks for the contribution, and I hope that this encourages more
feedback. You can get in touch with us on the mailing lists, or submit
a report to the bug tracker:
 http://mulgara.org/trac/report

Regards,
Paul Gearon