[Mulgara-dev] configuring resolvers

Life is hard, and then you die ronald at innovation.ch
Wed Jan 21 00:38:41 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 10:31:16AM -0600, Paul Gearon wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Life is hard, and then you die
> <ronald at innovation.ch> wrote:
> >
> > I'm getting more and more in need of being able to provide some
> > configuration to the lucene resolver, so I'm trying to figure out what
> > in general is the best way to do generally provide configs to the
> > resolvers. I know some things use a special graph for this - is that
> > the way to go then?
> >
> > (I'd probably need a second graph type, say LuceneModelConfig, and
> > then recognize a part of the graph URI as pointing to the actual graph
> > being configured, and maybe a second part as the graph in which to
> > persist the configuration; e.g. #config?graph=x&persist=y ).
>
> If it's to be configured on a graph by graph basis, then yes, this is
> the way to go. The View resolver has good examples of this.

Yes, I saw that.

> Otherwise,
> if it's a global thing, then I'd add it as a parameter in the
> mulgara-config.xml. I don't know if these parameters are currently
> available to resolvers, but it would be a handy thing to add. Perhaps
> a single string parameter of key/value pairs that each resolver can
> accept, with the embedded parameters specific to each resolver.

I think Alex briefly looked at this and balked at the amount of work
:-)

However, your suggestion make sense. OTOH I was thinking more in terms
of "is this an admin or an application setting" when trying to decide
if to put something into the mulgara-config.xml or a config graph.

  Cheers,

  Ronald