[Mulgara-dev] Mulgara 2.0.9 released

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Fri Feb 27 18:05:00 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Agustina Martinez <amgcia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> I have been testing the new release, and have a few doubts.
>
> 1) I tried to run the binary distro (without compiling the source)
> specifying some parameters such as the port and the server and it always
> runs in the port 8080.
> Sample: java -jar mulgara-2.0.9.jar -p 8091 -s fedora
>
> I have build it from source modifying the mulgara config file and everything
> is ok.

Ok, I'll chase this up. It was working a few weeks ago. There were a
couple of configuration updates, so maybe that affected it.

> 2) I have build the Mulgara war file and deployed it into Tomcat and while
> trying to access the Sparql servlet I always get "HTTP 404" error.

Damn. I don't have a Tomcat environment here, and it will take a bit
to set it up, so this isn't easy. I'll look into it, but it will take
me a little while. Any help here will be appreciated.

> 3) This applies to new release and to the previous one. I am trying to use
> the sparql "filter" clause with decimal values. I always get empty results.
> I write below the query I am running and specify a bit the RDF I am dealing
> with.
>
> prefix dc: <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/>
> prefix rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>
> prefix ex: <http://www.example.org/>
> prefix geo: <http://www.w3.org/2003/01/geo/wgs84_pos#>
> prefix biol: <http://purl.org/NET/biol/ns#>
> construct
> {
>   ?s a ex:item;
>   geo:long ?o2.
> }
> from <rmi://localhost/fedora#plants>
> where {
>   ?s geo:long ?o2;
>   geo:lat ?o3.
>   filter(?o2 < 1.0)
> }
>
> The results expected are contruct elements with longitude less than 1.0
> degrees. Is a bug, or I am running the wrong query? My longitudes are
> expressed in decimal values in the form "X.YYYYY".

The query looks fine. I'll probably check this one out first.

Thanks for testing and giving some feedback. Now I'll have to get onto
it to make it worth your while. :-)