[Mulgara-dev] Mulgara 2.0.7 - support for sparql?

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Mon Feb 2 18:37:21 UTC 2009

Hi Augustina,

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 5:19 AM, Agustina Martinez <amgcia at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have seen the new release of Mulgara :), great. I am trying to use the new
> SPARQL functionalities, but with no success at all. I am interested in the
> new output formats: RDF and n3. But when I specify the format rdfxml or n3,
> the HTTP endpoint always returns the results in XML. I have also tried  to
> use the ACCEPT header specifying the formats in this way:
> application/sparql-results+n3 or application/sparql-results+rdfxml but with
> the same results. Any help on this?

Unfortunately, that hadn't been implemented in Mulgara 2.0.7.

However, Mulgara 2.0.8 was released the other day, and this is now
implemented. You can select the output format using one of the
following methods:

1. An "Accept" header with one of the following:
    application/sparql-results+xml
    application/sparql-results+json
    application/rdf+xml
    text/rdf+n3

2. add a format=xxx parameter to the query. This values for this
argument are case insensitive, and the valid values are: xml, json,
rdfxml, n3.  (note, this parameter used to be called "out").

If both methods are used, then the query parameter overrides the
Accept header. Also, if XML is chosen for a CONSTRUCT query, then it
gets changed to RDF/XML. Similarly, if RDF/XML or N3 are chosen for a
SELECT, DESCRIBE or ASK query, then it gets converted to XML. JSON is
valid for any kind of query.

This is all new, so please let me know if there are any issues with it.