[Mulgara-dev] [Mulgara-svn] r1264 - trunk/src/jar/resolver/java/org/mulgara/resolver

Life is hard, and then you die ronald at innovation.ch
Tue Sep 23 04:47:53 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 09:28:21PM -0700, pag at mulgara.org wrote:
> Author: pag
> Date: 2008-09-22 21:28:20 -0700 (Mon, 22 Sep 2008)
> New Revision: 1264
>
> Modified:
>    trunk/src/jar/resolver/java/org/mulgara/resolver/SetModelOperation.java
> Log:
> More flexible testing on source and destination graph URIs when inserting data
>
> Modified: trunk/src/jar/resolver/java/org/mulgara/resolver/SetModelOperation.java
[snip]
> +    } catch (Exception e) {
> +      // source and destinations cannot be equal, so ignore
> +    }

I would strongly recommend never throwing an exception away without
logging it, at least at level debug or trace. Too many times I've been
debugging a problem, only to hit a wall because somebody decided to
throw the exception stack trace away. To this end, on all projects I
work on, we always have a rule where all exception stack traces must
be logged eventually; this means that in a catch the exception must
either be rethrown (no log necessary at this point), a new exception
thrown with the caught exception as a cause (also no log necessary),
or the exception must be logged. Logging at level debug is fine for
expected exceptions.

  Cheers,

  Ronald