[Mulgara-dev] perhaps before 2.0.6 released --OrderedByRowComparator

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Thu Oct 16 17:04:51 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 9:28 AM, David Smith <DMS at viewpointusa.com> wrote:
> S'all good...
>
> Thanks for looking into it!
>
> Never really sure how much it costs to just let the try-catch handle
> it...
>        I wanted to see if it was at least close to a number.

Which is pretty much what the previous version tried to do.

I wouldn't worry about the cost of the try/catch. This only shows up
if you have a LOT of data to work with. However, if that's the case,
then the ORDER BY will need to put results on disk in order to sort
them, and the cost of disk access will be much larger than the cost of
setting up the exception frame.