[Mulgara-dev] TqlSession changes

Alex Hall alexhall at revelytix.com
Tue Nov 4 15:28:32 UTC 2008

Paul Gearon wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 9:38 AM, Alex Hall <alexhall at revelytix.com> wrote:
>> Paul Gearon wrote:
>> [snip]
>>> Another thing to note was that in a separate session I set the timer
>>> on and got no response on loading a file. I suppose that was because I
>>> didn't do a "select" in that session.
>> Do you mean by using the "set time on" TQL command?  Because last I checked,
>> this doesn't actually do anything other than print out a message saying that
>> time keeping has been turned on.
>
> I haven't looked in a while, but the last time I used it, it would
> print a "time to execute" at the end of every server operation.

Now you've got me curious about this as well.  I do seem to remember this
feature as well from way back in the day.  Looking back at previous revisions,
that behavior was implemented in the old ItqlInterpreter class (recall that it
was overloaded to both parse and execute commands).  It looks like the timing
option was lost when the Command infrastructure was introduced.

Regards,
Alex