[Mulgara-dev] No such variable

Andrae Muys andrae at netymon.com
Thu May 1 00:52:59 UTC 2008

On 01/05/2008, at 9:28 AM, James Leigh wrote:
> Hi Andrae,
>
> I sometimes get an exception on a query depending on the contents
> of the
> rdf store. If the rdf store contains 100000 lubm triples I get an
> exception, but if it contains 200000 I don't. Paul says this is an
> intentional decision made by Simon. However, Paul and I feel that this
> query's validity should not be determined by the contents of the rdf
> store.
>
> What do you think?
>
> See below for more details on the query (start from the bottom).

This isn't an intentional decision.  An Answer's variable list is
intended to be the same as its originating query's select list.  The
behaviour Paul is referring to is restricted to Tuples, and yes that
both empty and unconstrained Tuples has no variables is deliberate.

That SubqueryAnswer is failing like this is a surprise.

Andrae

--
Andrae Muys
andrae at netymon.com