[Mulgara-dev] debug messages

Alex Hall alexhall at revelytix.com
Tue Mar 25 20:42:40 UTC 2008

I'm seeing the same symptoms.  It appears that the Log4J config file is
no longer included in the itql-1.1.x.jar file.  The build script that
creates this jar is looking for a file called log4j-itql.xml, which has
been removed from the conf directory.  Meanqhile, TqlSession.java
expects a config file called log4j-tql.xml; when it doesn't find it, it
falls back on the log4j BasicConfigurator which I suspect is sending
everything to stdout.

If you have the same problem I do, the first line you will see to stdout
when running the TQL shell is "Unable to find logging configuration
file...".  I think if you change the build.xml in src/jar/itql to use
log4j-tql.xml (as opposed to log4j-itql.xml) then this problem should be
resolved.

-Alex