[Mulgara-dev] iitql shell without X?

Brian Sletten brian at bosatsu.net
Tue Mar 18 01:48:30 UTC 2008

On Mar 17, 2008, at 9:25 PM, William Mills wrote:

> I'm working from home and don't want to run X back to here.  Is
> there an itql shell that's really just a shell?

As long as your work-to-home doesn't block RMI ports, you could run it
locally, but I am guessing that is not going to satisfy your intent.

Historically, there was no good readline/termio handling in Java which
is why Mulgara has a Swing-based shell. It is perhaps time to consider
some modern shell implementations that speak REST/SOAP.