[Mulgara-dev] Backing up graphs

Alex Hall alexhall at revelytix.com
Mon Jun 23 17:37:15 UTC 2008

Paul Gearon wrote:
[snip]
>>> At the risk of creating incompatibilities, I advocate dropping the
>>> ability to back up a graph, and the introduction of an "export"
>>> command to replace it.
>> Agreed.  Seems like it should be a fairly straightforward
>> modification;
>> the toughest part is probably going to be updating the TQL grammar and
>> interpreter.  As long as we're breaking backwards compatibility, now
>> is
>> probably the time to go ahead and do it while we are still in alpha.
>
> It would be up to beta already, if only I were actually working right
> now. I expect to start again by next week.

Since nobody has voiced any objections, I am going to proceed with
separating the graph backup operation into a new export operation.  On a
related note, if the backup operation only serves to back up the entire
server then there is no need for it to take a URI argument so I would
advocate dropping this argument.  Does this sound OK?

Regards,
Alex