[Mulgara-dev] [Mulgara-svn] r1086 - trunk/src/jar/store-stringpool/java/org/mulgara/store/stringpool/xa

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Thu Jul 17 15:12:56 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 4:04 AM, Life is hard, and then you die
<ronald at innovation.ch> wrote:
>> -  private Number n;
>> +  private Long l;
>
> Not to overly micro-optimize here, but any reason this isn't a 'long'
> instead like it was before?

It's bad enough that I made the mistake, but now you have to call me
out on it?  Sheesh!  ;-)

As for Long vs. long, there are 2 reasons....

First, from a language perspective, I'm really not a fan of the
primitive types in Java. They cause no end of problems in code and
design. Between the compiler and the JVM, then using their wrapper
classes can remove the need for their use. Yes, I know that they don't
always, but I think they should.

Can you tell I like Smalltalk?

Oh, and the second reason.....

I forgot that I changed it from a primitive type, so when I changed it
back I went to a Long. Oops.