[Mulgara-dev] ITQL

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Sat Jul 12 20:09:39 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 3:03 PM, Life is hard, and then you die
<ronald at innovation.ch> wrote:
> It's basically fine, except: why "client"? To me, the parsing should
> be on the server, and the client lib should be sending over tql or
> sparql strings.
>
> Also, if I were coming to this project new, I'd expect to find a nice
> client lib in org.mulgara.client :-) (we've discussed this before)
>
> So, dunno, but maybe something like org.mulgara.parsers instead?

Nope, because this section is not just about parsing. It's also about

You're right though. I was thinking "client" because under rmi all of
that work IS on the client. But I want rmi to become an infrequently
used option, and not the standard paradigm, so I should have stopped
thinking on those terms some time ago.

So what name should I be thinking of if it's not client code, but it's
specifically about talking to clients?