[Mulgara-dev] [Mulgara-svn] r1034

Alex Hall alexhall at revelytix.com
Tue Jul 1 16:39:01 UTC 2008

Life is hard, and then you die wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 05:02:41AM -0700, ronald at mulgara.org wrote:
>> Author: ronald
>> Date: 2008-07-01 05:02:36 -0700 (Tue, 01 Jul 2008)
>> New Revision: 1034
> [snip]
>> Log:
>> Fixed line-endings. All text files have been marked with svn:eol-style native,
>> and those files with CR's have had them removed. In addition, the fixcrlf
>> task for the jxunit test data has been removed as it's not necessary anymore.
>
> Apologies if this causes anybody any inconveniences on the next svn
> update, though I think it'll only affect folks on windows (sorry
> Alex, though hopefully the tests will now run).

The jxunit tests run successfully on Windows, with the following exceptions:

iTQL/filesystem/queryResult5.txt - This is a query to the
FilesystemResolver for a file with a specific size; the size reflects
Unix line endings and without the fixcrlf task the size is different on
Windows.

iTQL/fulltext_queries/queryResult11.txt - This is the test involving
non-ASCII encoded strings in the string pool.

iTQL/node_types/queryResult2.txt, queryResult3.txt - These are queries
for literals in the string pool that contain Unix-style line endings.
The expected results on Windows will contain a mix of Windows (for the
result XML) and Unix (literal value inside the results) endings, so I
don't see any way around this short of hacking the compare code.

Commenting out these cases, the rest of the tests all pass.  I don't see
any of these as show-stoppers; the tests to exercise the core database
functions all still work.  And I certainly think the effort required to
fix these is not worth the potential benefits, so I'll leave it alone
for now.

Thanks,
Alex