[Mulgara-dev] Blank Node Assignment in Inserts

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Thu Feb 28 15:11:27 UTC 2008

<snip description="Bug #81" href="http://mulgara.org/trac/ticket/81"/>

>> Yup, this silently changed between 1.0 and 1.1 - blank-nodes node
>> variables now have transaction scope instead of command scope. Paul
>> and Andrae said this change was inadvertant and it should be changed
>> back to the old behaviour, but no ones gotten around to doing so yet.
>>
>> Hmm, this should probably be filed as a bug.
>
> Hmm, yes it probably should as I had completely forgotten this bug
> had been introduced, found, reproduced, and isolated - but just not
> recorded or actually fixed :).
>
> I'll go and add the bug report now.

Heh, I read and commented on the bug report before seeing this email
discussion.

While it *is* inadvertent, it might also be desirable.  We have
already had questions about re-accessing blank nodes across multiple
insertions.  Maybe this is the way to do it?  :-)

I'm inclined to fix it, but I'm interested in opinions here.