[Mulgara-dev] [Mulgara-svn] r1423 - trunk/src/jar/query/java/org/jrdf/graph

Arjohn Kampman arjohn.kampman at aduna-software.com
Wed Dec 17 11:15:21 UTC 2008

Paul Gearon wrote:
>>>    * The hash code of a URI is defined as the hash code of its
>>>    * String-representation: toString().hashCode.
>> Yes, I saw the javadoc, but I don't understand why. And even less why
>> that Sesame would have a problem with the original implementation.
>
> I was confused too. The only thing I can think of is extending
> URIReferenceImpl to have a different toString method. You'd have to
> ask Arjohn.

Sesame's URI specifies the value of hashCode() that implementations of
this interface should return so that different implementations can be
compared to one another, and can also be stored in hash tables.

Ronald raises a good point wrt case-sensitivity though. Just last week,
someone raised an issue[1] about this for the first time since Sesame
was born. We'll try to look into this issue soon.

[1] http://www.openrdf.org/issues/browse/SES-649

--
Arjohn Kampman, Senior Software Engineer
Aduna - Semantic Power