[Mulgara-dev] [Topaz-dev] [Ambra-dev] mulgara crash with java heap errors

Russell Uman ruman at plos.org
Thu Aug 28 18:30:11 UTC 2008

> Are you running jdk 1.5 or 1.6? In any case can you

yes

>  - get the 'ps' output for the mulgara process (i.e. how much memory
>    it's using)

too late now. i couldn't leave the production sites down long term. i'll
do more if it happens again.

i did run free before stopping mulgara, and on this server with 16GB of
ram, about 7GB were free or cached.

/etc/sysconfig/topaz-mulgara is set to defaults:

JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx400m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Djava.rmi.dgc.leaseValue=30000"

>  - save the mulgara logs so we can take a closer look

i've still got the log. will copy to my home on merlin.