[Mulgara-dev] db-uri/model-uri matching

Andrae Muys andrae at netymon.com
Tue Apr 15 02:17:23 UTC 2008

On 15/04/2008, at 12:12 PM, Life is hard, and then you die wrote:

> The requirement that the model-uri's be "compatible" with the db-uri
> is becoming more and more annoying for us. We're using the new
> 'Connection' API's, not ItqlInterpreterBean, so in theory from a
> client perspective the db-uri and model-uri don't need correlation.
> But there's still
> org.mulgara.resolver.CreateModelOperation.verifyGraphUriIsRelative
> which is requiring the two to be related. I'd basically like to get
> rid of this check.
>
> I've briefly talk to Paul privately about it, but what are other folks
> opinions? I guess it might let folks create bad model-uri's if they're
> still using ItqlInterpreterBean.
>
> Also, #58 has already removed this, so I guess getting #58 merged into
> trunk would also solve the problem :-)

Well it would if #58 was actually finished.  Unfortunately there are
still issues ensuring existing backups restore cleanly with the new
code in #58.  The other concern of course is that I simply haven't
had time to really push on #58 so its been sitting there _almost
done_ for about 6 months now.

Andrae

--
Andrae Muys