[Mulgara-dev] Restore Creates Blank Nodes

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Fri Sep 7 02:33:32 UTC 2007

On Sep 6, 2007, at 6:18 PM, Ben Hysell wrote:

> So my new question, what would cause backup to generate blank
> nodes?  Is the data truly not there and I’m seeing some sort of
> left over data through the webUI?  Has this problem already been
> solved with the 1.1.0 release?  Currently I’m backing up from 1.0.0
> and restoring on 1.1.0 and this is the behavior I’m seeing.

How far back was the 1.0.0 release that you're working on?  We had a
corruption bug until earlier this year.  In fact, the moment I saw
your first post I was wondering if you had backed up from an older
version of Mulgara.  The fact that you had makes me think that you've
run into this bug.

As for what you can do about it now...

The backup file is actually pretty easy to work with.  After making a
copy of the file, you can gunzip it and use a text editor to update
it.  Just insert the entries for the node number you're looking for.
Then save the file and gzip it again.  It should be a valid backup
file that you can load back up once more.

Regards,
Paul Gearon