[Mulgara-dev] Restore Creates Blank Nodes

Ben Hysell BenH at viewpointusa.com
Thu Sep 6 23:18:03 UTC 2007

Quick follow up

I've gone through my backup.txt file and pulled out one element and all
of its nodes

8550678 2 352 30

8550678 347 2699528 30

8550678 307557 8550822 30

8550678 1786745 3749457 30

8550678 1786755 8550821 30

8550678 1786773 8550680 30

8550678 1786775 8550679 30

8550678 2444755 8550681 30

8550678 2699441 8550679 30

I've also gone and pulled out the corresponding uri's and literals from
the top of the backup file.  Nodes 8550821 and 8550822 are actually
blank in the back up file, they do not exist.  All of the other nodes
are fully described in the backup file, so my earlier thoughts node
numbering had something to do with it (since 8550680 exists) does not
appear to be valid.

However, I was able to bring up instance of Mulgara that I originally
backed up from, did a query for the subject described by 8550678 and
learned that nodes 8550821 and 8550822 actually point to real data
superficially.  If I actually click on 8550821 or 8550822 the resulting
Mulgara query returns no results.

So my new question, what would cause backup to generate blank nodes?  Is
the data truly not there and I'm seeing some sort of left over data
through the webUI?  Has this problem already been solved with the 1.1.0
release?  Currently I'm backing up from 1.0.0 and restoring on 1.1.0 and
this is the behavior I'm seeing.

Thoughts?

-ben