[Mulgara-dev] Re: Determining the minimal set of classes/jars

Andrae Muys andrae at netymon.com
Tue Nov 27 04:51:18 UTC 2007

On 25/11/2007, at 5:45 PM, Edwin Shin wrote:

>> Couple of nits with embedded-dist: jid3.jar is included as a "core
>> library" rather than third party, dtd-jar is listed twice in the
>> dependencies of the target. I don't really understand what the ARP
>> hack is supposed to be doing, so I left it in the core-dist as well.
>
> I forgot to mention that embedded-dist also includes client-jrdf-
> jar as a dependency but doesn't include its contents when building
> the dist jar.

Edwin,

Thanks for all this work.  Unfortunately the maintenance of the build
system fell mostly on Simon Raboczi's shoulders - he's just the right
sort of crazy to enjoy tinkering with that sort of thing - and he has
spent the past year and a bit distracted by his PhD, and before that
the query-transformation code.  As a result it's been a while since
anyone sat down and looked closely at the way we're building
Mulgara.  I really do appreciate you taking the time to look at it.
I'll apply the patch and, assuming no problems with the regression
tests, apply it to trunk.

Again, thanks.

Andrae

--