[Mulgara-dev] Code Freeze and Release Plan For Mulgara 1.1

Andrae Muys andrae at netymon.com
Tue May 15 06:10:53 UTC 2007

Over the past 2 months the Topaz Foundation has generously funded a
series of bug fixes and stabilization work that has left us with only
3 bugs in Jira rated as 'major' or 'blocker'.  Having reached this
point the mulgara development team is keen to make a formal release
of mulgara 1.1.

To kick off the release process I would like to announce a code
freeze on mulgara/trunk pending release of version 1.1.0 effective
Friday 18th May.

 From Friday the only changes to be accepted into trunk/ will be

- Legal notice/review fixes
- Documentation updates
- MGR-58 (Model Name URI/URL disambiguation)
- Some fixes isolated to the distributed-resolver (at Paul's request)

If anyone has any other bugs or fixes they feel should be included in
this release please post to the list by Friday.  The two bugs of
particular interest here are

- MGR-54 Blank nodes load incorrectly from N3 files
- MGR-7  Xalan missing in Java 1.5

Both currently assigned to Paul.  MGR-7 is confined to descriptors;
MGR-54 is worrying and even if we accept it as a known bug for now,
may require a short-iteration point release post 1.1.

My intention is to release 1.1 on the 18th of June.

The proposed release plan is:

May 18  - Code Freeze
June 3  - Final date for blocker code-fixes
June 11 - Final date for legal/documentation review - candidate
release of 1.1
June 18 - Release of Mulgara 1.1.0

Andrae Muys

--