[Mulgara-dev] Next release

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Fri Mar 23 19:00:08 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

As some of you may know, we were hoping to get a new release out at
the end of February.  Unfortunately, this date slipped as we were
hoping to include the reimplementation of model (graph) renaming.

Brian has been doing the model renaming, but he hasn't been able to
work on it very much as he has a lot happening at the moment
(something about making money in order to supply food and shelter -
wimp!) :-)

With this in mind, I thought we should take some of the pressure off
Brian, and roll the next release out in the next few weeks.  We have
several really important bug fixes, along with a few new features,
all of which I'd like to see out there right now.  Andrae has also
been doing some great work fixing up some of the less critical bugs
in Jira.

If everyone agrees, I'd like to propose a feature freeze, followed by
a release within the next two weeks.

Regards,
Paul Gearon