[Mulgara-dev] 1.1.1 tasks

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Tue Jul 17 17:10:30 UTC 2007

>From my perspective,  I have 2 tasks with short-term priority:

1) Java 1.6.  From memory this won't need huge revisions, but it does
need SOME work.  I've avoided it until now, since there *still* isn't
a JIT for Apple PPC (my day-to-day platform).

2) ItqlInterpreter needs to be split into a separate AST generator and
a connection manager.  This will help integrate SPARQL querying, allow
connection management, and allow queries to be more easily moved over
different protocols (currently only RMI, but we want SPARQL Protocol
and HTTP/REST). I think it will help with some of the SOAP cleanup we
want to do as well, since Axis needs updating while will let us drop
the obsolete Apache-SOAP jar.

#2 is a higher priority, but I think #1 will be faster and easier, so
I'll probably spend some time on that first.

Let me know if anyone else is looking at this stuff, and the stuff you
want to work on too.