[Mulgara-dev] Documentation

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Wed Jul 11 21:08:32 UTC 2007

On 7/11/07, Life is hard, and then you die <ronald at innovation.ch> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 12:48:17AM -0500, Paul Gearon wrote:
> >
> > After seeing /. ask if mashups are legal, I found myself thinking
> > about the copyright on our documentation.
> >
> > Anything from Kowari has the original copyright on the documentation,
> > I accept that.  However, for any new documentation (such as our
> > website or the Wiki) we can choose for ourselves what we want.  In my
> > case, I'd like to make it all Creative Commons.
> >
> > Does anyone have opinions on this?  Dissension, assent?
>
> We of course think that would be a great idea. :-)

I think I can anticipate Andrae's response on this.  In that case,
I'll go and put the Creative Commons logo on the site.

Incidentally, Creative Commons has a few options for the conditions of
use.  With no conditions, they suggest putting the work in the public
domain.

- Allow Commercial uses of your work? yes/no
- Allow Modifications of your work? yes/no/yes, as long as others share alike
- Jurisdiction of your license: (country name)/Unported

My inclination here is:
- Yes
- Yes, as long as others share alike
- Unported

However, I'm not wedded to this opinion.

What do you all think?  Details can be found at:
http://creativecommons.org/license/

Regards,
Paul Gearon