[Mulgara-dev] File based resolver

thomas thomas at stray.net
Fri Jul 6 09:12:56 UTC 2007

--On 2. Juli 2007 10:28:31 -0500 Paul Gearon <gearon at ieee.org> wrote:
> From memory, the main reason was that we haven't matured
> enough as an open source project.  In particular, we need to build
> some more community interest and involvement.
>
> Incidentally, one way to build this interest is to add a SPARQL
> interface.  This has me reprioritizing the importance of this
> interface.

see above...
btw: yesterday  i learned about a company here in town that indeed uses
jackrabbit as an rdf-store.

--On 4. Juli 2007 20:03:29 -0700 peter royal <peter.royal at pobox.com> wrote:
> (Of course, any new work done on Mulgara can be re-licensed under the ASL
> by the original contributors, so if the whole thing gets re-written, then
> it will stand a chance. Probably a tall order though)

i don't know how far the componentization of mulgara holds in practice but
would it be imaginable to integrate it's central components in jackrabbit?
and since with XA2 a good part of these central components get rewritten
anyway, maybe the "rewriting the whole thing" in the context of a
jackrabbit integration becomes thinkable? well, just an idea... (and one
possible way to tackle the file based resolver issue)

ciao
thomas

mailto:thomas at stray.net
http://stray.net

: accumulated wisdom
. early optimization is the root of many evil [donald e. knuth]
. if you've got a hammer every problem looks like a nail
. the difference between theory and practice is always greater
  in practice than it is in theory