[Mulgara-dev] XSD Date/Time Corruption reproducible

David Wood dwood at softwarememetics.com
Wed Jan 24 21:48:55 UTC 2007

On 23 Jan2007, at 17:17, Andrae Muys wrote:
>> Somehow, T02:56:00 becomes T03:56:00.  I have been trying to
>> determine
>> where exactly this happens so that I can turn logging on for that
>> module.  Right now I have logging on for
>> org.mulgara.resolver.store.StatementStoreResolver and
>> org.mulgara.itql.ItqlInterpreter.
>
> Well whatever is happening it is unlikely to ItqlInterpreter, but
> it is the entry point to the system.  It's also not going to be the
> Resolver - as that only works in localspace so unless you are also
> inserting T03:56:00 no amount of corruption of the statement-store
> could produce the results we are seeing.
>
> The place to start looking is in the localisation/globalisation
> code - so that is LocalizedTuples, StringPoolSession, and
> GlobalizedAnswer, and move out from there.

Umm, why couldn't this be related to Java's handling of Daylight
Savings Time?  Or a Java localization issue?  The odd thing about
that is that an hour is *added*, not subtracted.

Can you duplicate this problem on a machine with the *hardware* clock
set to GMT and the OS system clock matching in GMT?  Does it still
occur?

Regards,
Dave

--