[Mulgara-dev] TransactionalAnswer not closed

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Fri Feb 2 16:14:55 UTC 2007

On 2/2/07, David Moll <DMoll at viewpointusa.com> wrote:

> >It just exposes the ItqlInterpreterBean.executeQueryToString() as a
> >soap service. I.e. all it does call executeQueryToString().
>
> That's my understanding of how it works.  We used the Web Services
> Description Language Tool (Wsdl.exe) to generate a wrapper class that
> implements the .NET 2.0
> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol class.

The "Answer" class actually does streaming for you.  It only loads one
"page" at a time, and while you are iterating through this page, it
retrieves the next page in a background thread.  Obviously, it blocks on the
last next() in the page if the next page hasn't arrived yet, but hopefully
you won't see that!

I don't know if this can be effectively wrapped in Soap, as I've never tried
to use it.  But I'm sure an inventive guy like you could come up with
something.  :-)

In the meantime, I know that Brian would like to replace our infrastructure
with NetKernel.  I like this idea, as I would like to get away from RMI.

I'm about to be in transit to the USA, so I won't be very responsive for the
next couple of days.  I'll see if I can fix the executeQueryToString method
for you while I'm traveling, but experience has shown me that my brain turns
to mush on an airplane.  :-(  If I don't get it done by the time I arrive,
I'll do it early next week.

Regards,
Paul Gearon