[Mulgara-dev] TransactionalAnswer not closed

David Moll DMoll at viewpointusa.com
Fri Feb 2 14:57:07 UTC 2007

>It just exposes the ItqlInterpreterBean.executeQueryToString() as a
>soap service. I.e. all it does call executeQueryToString().

That's my understanding of how it works.  We used the Web Services
Description Language Tool (Wsdl.exe) to generate a wrapper class that
implements the .NET 2.0
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol class.  The full
method looks like:

/// <remarks/>
#if tks
 [System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapRpcMethodAttribute("",
RequestNamespace = "http://tucana.org/", ResponseNamespace =
"http://tucana.org/")]
#else
 [System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapRpcMethodAttribute("",
RequestNamespace = "http://mulgara.org/", ResponseNamespace =
"http://mulgara.org/")]
#endif
[return:
System.Xml.Serialization.SoapElementAttribute("executeQueryToStringRetur
n")]

public string executeQueryToString(string queryString)
{
	this.Timeout = System.Threading.Timeout.Infinite;
      object[] results = this.Invoke("executeQueryToString", new
object[] {
	queryString});
      return ((string)(results[0]));
}

This is how we're doing all of our interaction with Mulgara.  I'm
interested in what methods others are using to talk to the metastore.
We have been wanting to move away from the SOAP interface to a system
that could provide us with a Stream as a response from a query.  I'm not
sure if that's a feasible thing to be looking for.

~Dave