[Mulgara-dev] Java 6

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Sun Aug 5 03:14:51 UTC 2007

I just got a question asking about compiling Mulgara in Java 6.  This
basically works, so I thought I'd let everyone else know, and also
appeal for help for the couple of outstanding issues.

The branch required for running on Java 6 can be found at:

https://mulgara.org/svn/mulgara/branches/java-1.6/

All the tests pass on Java 5 (I hope - please let me know if they
don't), and *almost* all of them pass on Java 6.  The only tests that
fail are in resolvers, so they are well isolated, and don't affect the
main system.

In other words, it works!  Since it's been passing it's Java 5 tests,
then I'm thinking I can merge this back into the trunk?

However, I can't announce that it works on Java 6 until I get these
resolvers fixed.  I'll describe these problems in another message.