[Mulgara-dev] Blank Nodes

Life is hard, and then you die ronald at innovation.ch
Fri Aug 3 07:51:44 UTC 2007

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 12:57:32PM -0400, David Moll wrote:

> We have an interesting issue where some how we have roughly 30,000 blank
> nodes in the system, blank nodes we did not insert on purpose but
> appeared after we had a hard shutdown and then brought Mulgara back up.
> As an example if I run a query in the web ui I get the following
> response

Uh oh, it sounds like you ran into the same problem we did about half
a year ago - see the "corrupted string-pool?" thread last February.

[snip]
> Does anyone know of method where we could query the blank nodes directly
> and then delete them?

I think you should be able to use the nodetyping model (see under
advanced iTQL operations) for this - something along the lines of

  select $s from ... where $s $p $o minus
      ($s <rdf:type> <rdfs:Literal> in <...#type> or $s <rdf:type> <mulgara:uriReference> in <...#type>)

  Cheers,

  Ronald