[Mulgara-dev] Lock-splitting - please review mgr-37

Andrae Muys andrae at netymon.com
Wed Apr 25 14:27:02 UTC 2007

On 25/04/2007, at 11:12 PM, David Moll wrote:

> Andrae,
>
> Great work!  I manually pulled down the updated
> MulgaraTransactionManager.java and successfully built and tested the
> project.  The build test passed on the development machine I've been
> using (Win 2k3 server, two Xeon dual core processors, 8 GB RAM).  I'll
> see if I can hit it with some non-unit testing.

Thanks.  Could you also take a look at the code in the manager and
see if you can spot any way an unexpected Error or Throwable could
cause the system to fail to release the write-lock, or especially the
mutex.

> As an aside, is there an easy way to point TortoiseSVN at the /
> branches
> directory?  I tried the Switch, Relocate, and Clean up commands and
> was
> unable to convince the client to download MGR-37 from /branches.

I haven't ever used tortoisesvn.  I haven't actually owned a native
windows box for about 5 years now, or a windows install since I
reinstalled my powerbook 18 months ago.  Under unix the command I use
to obtain it is:

mulgara/branches$ svn checkout https://mulgara.org/svn/mulgara/
branches/mgr-37

Andrae