[Mulgara-dev] 100k models?

Laurian Gridinoc laurian at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 15:55:03 UTC 2007

On 05/04/07, Paul Gearon <gearon at ieee.org> wrote:

> This may be problematic, as we have been systematically removing Jena
> support.  We have a number of reasons for this (which I'm happy to go into),
> but it really comes down to the horrible performance created by Jena.

I'm curious :) the performance issues are about Jena+Mulgara or Jena alone?

What do you mean by "query a set of models, in sequence or in union"?  You
> can explicitly state that you want your query resolved against a union of
> models, or an intersection (or an intersection of unions, etc...).
> Alternatively, you can even describe a set of properties of models in
> another model (I suppose this would be a metamodel, but Mulgara won't know
> the difference), and then issue a query which determines which models to
> query against, and to union the results from each.
>
> The combinations are pretty flexible.  So what exactly are you looking
> for?

For example I want to find all statements about X, no matter in what model
they are, and subsequently find also the model for each result. For the
moment we're creating our own (lucene) index over all  Jena models
(ignoring  blank nodes) to  do this.

Thanks,
--
Laurian Gridinoc, purl.org/net/laur