[Mulgara-dev] 100k models?

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Thu Apr 5 15:32:06 UTC 2007

Just to add to this message, you mentioned triples/quads.  The "quads" used
by Mulgara are actually an RDF triple, along with the model.  We index on
all four elements equally.  Indeed, from a file storage and indexing point
of view, there is NO difference between how we treat the subject, predicate,
object or model of any one statement.

The only difference is in our query language, TQL.  In our case, subject,
predicate and object are all determined by position in a constraint, while
the model is determined by an "IN" expression.  If there is no "IN"
expression on a constraint, then it will default to whatever the FROM
expression for the whole query is, but you may not use variables in the FROM
expression.  (FROM is like a shorthand that lets you write shorter
constraints in the WHERE clause).

Paul