[Mulgara-dev] Modernizing Mulgara Architecture

Leif Johansson leifj at it.su.se
Thu Sep 28 16:40:49 UTC 2006

> however, I want to be able to deploy into modern containers like
> AsyncWeb, NetKernel, etc.

So your aim is to provide a small core library which implements the
mulgara store and transaction engine?

> > I have specific comments about xfire and acegi and webflow but that
> > is less relevant about the general idea.
>
> I am interested in hearing them regardless.

For the specifics: xfire is fine and all but can't handle attachments which
is nice if you want to handle large datasets - which might be useful for
mulgara.

Aecgi is (imho) not as good as j2ee declarative security and until you have
deployed something really non-standard like an externalized authorization
mechanism or GSSAPI-based authentication for webservices the differences
between security shim-layers (like aecgi) don't really manifest themselves.

Personally I try to avoid having to make choices like that and work almost
exclusively with model-driven development (i.e code generation from UML)
which allows me to switch from spring+jsf+hibernate to ejb3 (to even .net)
allowing me to quit thinking about the details of xfire vs axis.

		Cheers Leif