[Mulgara-dev] Modernizing Mulgara Architecture

Leif Johansson leifj at it.su.se
Thu Sep 28 10:48:58 UTC 2006

On Thursdayen den 28 September 2006 02:04, Brian Sletten wrote:
> I've posted some thoughts that I am planning on pursuing at:
>
> http://mulgara.org/confluence/display/dev/Modern+Architecture

I have a slightly different interpretation of the basic idea expressed
in the first senteces.

> I'd like to hear what other people think on the approach.

I think the approach should be to find out what the minimal mulgara
which can fit into j2ee looks like!

Specifically I think mulgara should be something (cf my note about
jce recently) which can plug into a standard j2ee application server.

This core should only include the *local* datastore and transaction
engine. Anything that has to do with web, services and/or remoting
should be separated out into separate projects using the standard
mulgara core through the j2ee resource interface. There should be
no need for a service/component framework in the core (eg spring)
but for (say) a management webapp spring might be a good choice.

I have specific comments about xfire and acegi and webflow but that
is less relevant about the general idea.

	Cheers